Thursday, September 8, 2011

Continuums of Cohesion & Flexibility scale

(Click to enlarge scale)


You can see by my A - B arrow that I have placed my family in the upper-right quadrant. My reasoning for this is because as a newly married couple, we have just experienced untold amounts of stress and insanity during the weeks/months leading up to the wedding, and especially the 3 days right before our big day!! Our 'point A' signifies a more chaotic and crazy existence, but as time has moved past the wedding day, we have come back towards a healthier and more connected reality.

I would consider my family to be functioning in a healthy manner in this specific quadrant. The reasoning is because, even when times got completely crazy and stress was at a maximum, we still were sure of what we were doing and for the love that we share with each other.

Communication is one of, if not the most important role in keeping our family in our current, healthy quadrant. Hilary and I have to talk to each other about things that are going on, and we have to share struggles as well as positive things with and to each other.

REACTION QUESTION:

I am looking at Kira Zabolotney's Cohesion-Flexibility family placement on the scale. She said she would place her family in the lower right hand quadrant. I do not believe my family could function in this quadrant for the simple fact that we have to adapt to each other all the time. Last night was the perfect example. Hilary and I talked about how she is a planner and I have the tendency to just act on my gut instinct. If I did not adapt to Hilary and she did not adapt to me, we would both get very frustrated with how the other functions. Adaptability is a must, so Hilary and I just couldn't function in a healthier manner in the lower more rigid quadrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment